What true fasting is all about.


Today will be the start of a series on what “true fasting is all about.” Yes, that will be what we will be talking about in this series. Now let’s begin.

Have you been seeking God’s face always in fasting, and yet, what you saw after the fasting was so discouraging that you thought that God didn’t answer your prayers? Then this message is for you.

Have you been so confused the way you genuinely fast, yet your spiritual life is not commanding the right result that you desired? Then don’t skip this message, God has sent me to you.

Fasting effectively is not hard as you think it is, it is just that you lack the right knowledge about it, and that’s what I’m going to reveal to you in this message by God’s grace. I would like to start by telling you my personal experience.

When I encountered God and became born again. There was an unexplainable hunger that was activated in my Spirit to seek God personally and know the person of the Holy Spirit, because my eyes were opened to his vital roles in my life which made me know that he’s all I need to fulfill God’s will for my life.

And that was how I began the journey of prayer and fasting.

A genuine encounter with God will always leave you with hunger for more of him and make you dissatisfied with your present level.

But if you notice that you are now becoming cold spiritually, what you need to do is just to cry out to God for a fresh encounter with him.

So, back to what I’m saying about fasting.

Fasting simply means abstinence from the desires of the flesh, so as to feed your spirit man and be connected to God without distractions.

Fasting is not just about abstinence from food but the desires of the flesh.

Fasting is not something you do for some days but what you must observe everyday of your life as a believer. It must be observed daily!

 You are surprised right❓well, you will soon find out why.

As we are talking about the flesh this picture exhibits and shows the flesh of a pencil which can also be regarded as our flesh

Before I knew this truth, I could lock myself in a room, in 3days dry fasting, praying to God, studying his word and seeking for more of him. And for those moments, I get connected with God easily, hear his voice clearly, overcome temptations easily because my flesh has been subjected and it felt so good to me. But as good as this was, after the fasting, it will be as if the devil was just waiting for me to finish my fasting. After breaking my fast, I will begin to take care of my body, give it whatever it desires to satisfaction. And before I know it, I will see myself struggling again over those things I thought I had overcome.

But how did I get here again ❓

And many questions will be running in my mind…Why this again❓

But a day came that God gave me the secret of fasting that invoke effortless answers to prayers and rapid spiritual growth, and this is what I’m about to share with you right now.

Are you not surprised why there are many fasting giant's believers, yet their lives didn’t portray the true life of Jesus Christ? 

The reason is because 80days fasting can never make you overcome the flesh that have been existing in your life from birth. Ask Moses!

Despite the fact that he fasted for 40days without food and water, yet his stubborn flesh manifested anger that made him to break the tables he suffered on the mount to get from God. Mr. flesh will allow you to seek God’s face for days and patiently wait for you to finish your fasting and by the time you feed your body with food, he become more strengthened and begin to deal with you seriously and show you pepper like never before! 

This flesh is so stubborn, that only the finished works of Jesus Christ on the cross of cavalry gave us victory over him, alleluia! But this victory can’t happen automatically except it is activated through the secret called “The daily fasted life!”

The only way you can overcome the flesh and become ever connected to God as a believer is to live a daily fasted life! This is an act of walking in the spirit and denying the flesh daily of his desires, this is what Apostle Paul meant when he said: “I die daily.”

What God desires from us as true disciples of Christ are far beyond being connected with him for days and going back to our struggles after then. Tune in again next week to read the about how to live a fasted life.

Before I know this truth, every week, I do fast for 4 days out of 7days.Well, the day I discovered that fasting is beyond starving myself of food for days, I became free from religious fasting. And now, I fast according to the leadership of the Holy Spirit and my life have been greatly transformed since I began to yield to him.

Remember I said: fasting means starving Mr. flesh of his desires, to subject him and feed your spirit, so as to become connected with God? Now, this is what I meant: Whatever you are becoming addicted to, more than the presence of God is what God will lead you to fast from. It may be fasting from food, Tv, social media, social gathering, etc.

Every sinful desire of the flesh is what Jesus says, we should deny daily, take up our cross, and follow him. Sometimes, God may just want you to keep quiet when you are triggered by the flesh to react to somebody that offends you greatly. And at that moment, your flesh is hungry to be fed by your anger and reaction but if you yield to God by keeping quiet, it means that you starved your flesh to feed your spirit. This is what living a fasted life simply means! Although it takes the grace of God.

If your phone is now taking more of your time than God’s presence, God may lead you to put it aside and set yourself apart for him in prayers and studying of his word, this doesn’t necessarily means that you shouldn’t eat, It’s your attention that God needs!, If you become obsessed with food more than you pray, God may instruct you to fast from food.

I was a type of person that loves to complain a lot but since the time the Holy Spirit have been helping me to deny the flesh whenever I am triggered to complain by praising God and declaring God’s promises for my life in the face of challenges, I have become a changed person. 

What do I mean by this? By praising God instead of murmuring, I starved my flesh of that hunger and feed my spirit instead! So, this is the secret of living a transformed life as a believer, daily fasted life!

Religious fasting will make you to become the shadow of yourself but keep struggling over same thing again and again. But walking with God daily and fellowship with him will make you to live victoriously above sins and live an effective fasted life.

Your consistent personal fellowship with God will make you to know how the Holy Spirit relates with you and this will aid you to know God’s voice and obey instructions to deny the flesh and walk in the spirit.

Daily dying to your flesh is what leads to speedy spiritual growth, the more you die to yourself is the more your Spirit become alive to God and through this, you will live a pleasing life for God and your prayers become answered effortlessly.

Gal.5.16-18: 

Submit yourself to the leadership of the Holy Spirit and watch your spiritual life commanding greater exploits. I await your testimonies! You just know what you don’t know about fasting right? Are you truly blessed by this message? Let me see your comments about the truth you just found out. Don’t be selfish with this liberating message! Share to your friends and loved ones. Let them also benefit God through you.



Follow us on our socials!

Follow us on Twitter

Follow our WhatsApp Channel

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Comments

Post a Comment