GUARD YOUR HEART PART 3


 


I lost all sense of reasoning for a moment and in my head, I was dancing Afro dance because I knew this guy is definitely my type and I like him too. It felt as if I've known him all my life. I wanted to feel those hands on my skin, feel those lips on mine and I want this guy to be mine and mine alone to conquer. It took me about five minutes to realize that he was waiting for my reply. I gathered my thoughts and said "It's nice meeting you today Justin, I hope to see more of you too"

 

"I guess you take walks around 10pm every evening?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, I do." I said not thinking about it.

 

"Okay then, I will see you at 10pm tomorrow evening" he said and without waiting for my reply, he turned and walked away.

 


I stood there transfixed for some minutes. This guy is dominating me, I could not object to him. How could he have such great power over me if we just met? Why does it feel like I've known him all my life? He is such a rare kind of guy, and I would love to go out with him......All these were the thoughts running through my head.

 

My phone rang and I was brought back to reality. I opened the door, got inside and brought out my phone. It was Papa, the last person I want to talk to at the moment. I left the phone on the table deciding to chat him up later when I'm more settled with my thoughts appropriately gathered. I went into the adjoining bathroom and toilet in one to take a shower and prepare for bed.

 

After a long shower in which I was majorly thinking about Justin, I came out, put on my nightie and picked up my phone from the table. I went to the bed and sat down, determined to pray as I usually would. As I opened my diary and bible which were usually side by side, my mind drifted back to Justin, the guy I met a few hours ago and is already turning my life around.

 



I was a stickler for plans and orders. I wake up every morning by 5am, do my devotion till 7am and by 7:30 get ready for the day's work. After class by 5pm, I would come back to my room, take a short nap till 7pm, eat, write and read books till 10pm. I then go out for my walk by 10pm and come back by 11pm, then I pray till 2am and sleep till 5am again.

 

That was my regular routine but that day, I couldn't pray as all I could think of was Justin. What type of a guy is he? What is he doing at that moment? What would it be like to talk to him all night long? I was fantasizing already.

 

"Annabelle, come back to earth," I said out loud. I managed to pray for about 30 minutes before climbing the bed. I picked my phone to check the time and that was when I saw Papa's missed call. I hurriedly dialed his number and once he picked, he shouted. "There is a reason why it is a telephone and not a landline."

 


"I'm sorry Papa, I was just getting back inside when you called" I said laughing.

 

"And where were you coming back from at that time Madam?" He asked although he knew what my answer would be.

 

"My usual walk. It took longer than usual." I replied.

 

"Hmmmm, well I just wanted to check you." He said and immediately added "I see you and Justin kicked it off immediately I left."

 

"Yes Papa, we talked for a bit, and he walked me back" I said and quickly added" I even ran into him during my walk"!

 


"Hmmm, that's okay. I'm just glad you are finally making friends. I can't be the only person you talk to on this campus you know" Papa said and I remained quiet. "I just want you to be fine, Annabelle. Don't be a sadist and start talking to people," Papa added and I sighed deeply before replying.

 

"I will call you tomorrow. I sort of have a lot on my mind right now."

 

"Alright bye. Take care of yourself" Papa said and hung up.

 

© Hephzibah Purity

Comments